Wow. The Sweet Melissa Sundays group is over. Complete. I missed it since I was working, but the last recipe was baked last week. I joined this wonderful group of ladies later in the game (circa March 2010), so there are still many recipes that I have not made. Nevertheless, I definitely was able to try some new things, meet some new bloggers (several of I would consider friends), and eat some great food.
When Gloria suggested that we do one last round-up including our favorite recipes from the book, I was all in. I am excited to see what some of the other ladies pick as their top recipes, so without further ado, here are mine in descending order:
Honorable mention: Pavolva Peach Melba
5) Chocolate Walnut Brownies — or in my case Chocolate Brownie Bites. I know that I’ve said that I am not much of a chocolate person, but these have to make it in the round-up for the shear reason that my dad and brother couldn’t stop popping them in their mouths! Even in my opinion, these made a pretty good brownie.
4) Cinnamon Peach Preserves – All the preserves really. I was only able to make 2 – the strawberry rhubarb and cinnamon peach, and they were both fantastic. Never knew homemade preserves could be so easy.
3) Honey Cream Caramels – My husband’s step-father makes the best caramels every Christmas, and while the recipe is a little different, these completely remind me of his! I didn’t cook mine quite long enough the first time, but that is easily remedied next time 🙂
2) Butterscotch Pralines – I had never had a praline prior to these, but knowing we love butterscotch, I was sure these would be a hit.
1) Brown Sugar Vanilla Ice Cream – I actually didn’t make this with the group, but it is a recipe from the Sweet Melissa Baking Book so it counts. I have made this several times, and it may be my favorite ice cream. Ever. That’s a serious statement.
Hope you’ve enjoyed the round-up and the desserts over the past year and a half. Be sure to stop by the SMS page today to check out the favorites from the other ladies as there is sure to be some good eats over there 🙂